Thursday, September 18, 2025

Exit Slip - Sept. 18th

I think it was in March of this year, when I watched a moon eclipse for the first time, that I started to feel connections with the moon, because I spent two-hours or so just sitting down and looking at the moon. Today, was my first time feeling connected to the sun (to be honest “connected” is not the most accurate word here but I will leave it for now). I do look up to the sky during the day, because I enjoy looking at clouds, but since you can’t look straight at the sun, sun was kind of overly authoritative in my mind. But the sun path activity we had today really changed those feelings. And thanks to the somewhat cloudy day, when we were facing the sun and tracing, at some point of time, I was able to see a clear circular shape of the sun with the help of some clouds being in between. It was very beautiful. From the perspective of pedagogy, I found this activity incorporating measuring, unit conversion calculations and outdoor teaching & learning. And I think most importantly, it can make us want to know more about astronomy. 

Also, the orchestra was a lot of fun!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, thoughtful responses every week here, Sissie -- thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete