Thursday, November 20, 2025

Inquiry Project Update - Nov. 20th

I finished the annotated bibliography today. It's not a complete/thorough literature review at all but I think I got some nice stuff there. 

Transitioning into connections with the real world, so far I have observed most (if not all) of the math teachers in my practicum school and it seems like none of them are implementing math journal. What I am planning to do is to reach out to English teachers to learn how they implement journal practice in their classroom. 

Other than that, well, there are an living evil math teacher who ask people to write stuff down around me, Dr. Susan Gerofsky. It might be nice to ask her about her thoughts or any related experiences. 

I am not sure what are some other connections to real world I can seek for yet. 

I think at this point I have more or less a clear idea of what I'm going to talk about in my presentation, including the activity (which people can probably guess what it would be). 



(I had a bun as my breakfast, AND, I have some cookies I bought yesterday from the corner store in my bag too. Feeling a lot better than last week.)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sissie! First of all, I hope you are feeling better, and that you're getting enough nutrition to keep you going in this dark, rainy, sleepy time of year! Take good care and keep healthy and well.

    Your annotated bibliography is very good! We're aiming for interesting and helpful directions and ideas rather than a fully comprehensive literature review (which would be more appropriate for a Masters thesis, rather than an Inquiry 1 project). You've done well.

    Too bad that the math teachers in your practicum school are not using math journals in their classrooms, and great idea to talk with English teachers as a starting point! I wonder whether the district math resource people could help you connect with fellow math teachers who do use journalling? Is your practicum in a VSB school, or in Richmond? (Sorry I've lost track..!) I might be able to help you connect with math teachers who use journals in their classes via your district math consultant. And I think I know at least a few math teachers who might be using journalling.

    ReplyDelete